Butternut Squash Soup
January is always a month of soups for me. I feel like I am always craving a bowl of something hot and comforting at this time of the year.
This soup is so satisfying and healthy – it will warm you right up, I promise.
Butternut Squash Soup:
· 1 whole Butternut Squash
· 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
· 3 Cloves of Garlic
· 2 Carrots Peeled
· 1 Medium White Onion
· ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
· 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
· 1 tablespoon Rosemary
· 1 tablespoon Thyme
· 1 tablespoon Parsley
· Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees F.
2. Cut the squash in half - length wise and take out the stringy bits in the center with a spoon.
3. Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt over the squash and place face-side down on a baking tray. Bake for 50 mins.
4. While the squash is cooking – chop up onion, carrots, and garlic.
5. Place the onion and garlic in a medium-sized pot with one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté on medium-high heat.
6. When the onion is fragrant, add in the diced carrots and herbs and sauté for another 4 minutes.
7. Add in the veggie stock and bring mixture to a boil. Once soup has come to a boil, place on low heat until the squash is ready.
8. When the squash is cooked – scoop out the squash and place it in the soup mixture.
9. Turn off the heat and place all ingredients in a blender with the almond milk. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
10. Place the blended mixture back in the pot and heat for a few minutes on medium-heat before serving.
I served the soup with a panzanella salad to make it a meal – using the recipe I found Here