I love making holiday treats for my friends and family to use for both entertaining and gifting. It is one of my favourite parts of the season. I also really love popcorn, it is my preferred snack to indulge in. This year I started experimenting with making my own popcorn at home on the stove and playing around with different flavours. I can guarantee you once you start making your own popcorn, that microwave stuff just won't cut it for you anymore. I can't believe I didn't start doing this sooner. This Salted Dark Chocolate popcorn was just to die for, anybody you have on your gift list who loves the salty-sweet combo will just love it.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- Find a large pot with a tight fitting lid
- Heat the oil on medium and add in your popcorn kernels
- When the oil sizzles add the salt and pop on the lid to your pot and allow the kernels to start popping
- Keep the lid on the pot until the popping slows down - should take about 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and transfer the popcorn to a baking tray
- Drizzle popcorn with melted dark chocolate and cool at room temperature for 1 hour
- Serve or transfer to a cute mason jar for gifting
I am curious to know your favourite popcorn flavours and recipes, let me know in the comments below!
Lots of Love,