Over the summer months I have been deeply obsessed with Iced Chai Tea Lattes. I have been craving them so often, especially on hot summer days.
When I am at work I usually get them from Deville Café in downtown Calgary (they are amazing and probably the best one I have ever tasted), but I decided to make my own for when I get the craving at home. They are super simple to make.
The recipe I made uses chai masala – this is a ground spice power which contains cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. I bought mine from a local market – but you can easily make this powder at home, or even add the whole spices to your boiling water and strain them out before you serve.
Recipe (serves 2):
· 2 cups of water
· 1 teaspoon of chai masala
· 2 black tea bags
· 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey
· Almond milk
· In a medium sized saucepan bring the water to a boil.
· Add the chai masala, tea bags and honey. Turn the heat off. Let the tea steep for 10 minutes.
· Transfer the hot tea to a pitcher and place in the fridge until chilled.
· To serve, fill a glass with ice. Pour the tea until the glass is ¾ of the way full.
· Fill the remaining glass with almond milk.