Hello my beautiful fashion girls. The weather is warming up, the days are getting longer, and it’s time to shed those winter layers and dark hues. I am so ready to pack away my winter clothing and start rocking my spring wardrobe. I have compiled a list of some spring essentials for every fashionista:
1. Pastels: Pastel colours are popping up everywhere this season in shades of blue, pink, yellow, and green. This trend is really going to brighten up your wardrobe, and the great thing about it is that you can incorporate it into your work and casual outfits.
Casual: I love this short wool jacket from Zara in pastel pink. It works so well for transitioning your wardrobe to spring colours, but it’s still good to keep warm on those chilly days.
2. Full Skirts and Dresses: Full skirts, and fit and flare dresses can be really fun pieces to wear. They create a gorgeous lady like silhouette, and basically, the fuller the better! I recently posted about a full red skirt I purchased from ASOS (see post Here). H&M also has a version of this skirt with a subtle textured pattern - very pretty and feminine.
These fit and flare dresses from Forever 21 come in basic colours, are reasonably priced, and can be styled in a variety of ways (stay tuned for a future blog post) – you basically can’t go wrong with this purchase!
3. Ear Candy: Yes, you read that right. Ear candy, not arm candy. I am seeing bold ear cuffs on display at all my favourite shops. If you are looking to make a strong style statement this is the trend to try. My personal favorites are these cuffs from Topshop available in spring colours. They are not too bold, but still allow you to try out the trend.
4. Floral Prints: Floral is a popular print for spring. You can incorporate floral prints into any piece of your look– tops, bottoms, scarfs, handbags and even shoes. These floral print pants from ASOS paired with a neutral blouse will allow you to dress in that comfy yet styled vibe. It’s perfect for weekends!
5. A Pair of Heeled Sandals: My final spring essential is a great pair of heeled sandals. They can instantly elevate any look from plain to chic. These Domino Heels from Anthropologie are on my wish list right now. They are so cute, and I love the pastel blue and yellow accents on them. They will be easy to style because they are neutral and they are not open-toed, meaning I would still be able to wear them to work (extra bonus)!
Hope this season is full of fashion and great style for everyone! Happy shopping!